Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Learn in Anomali

I was running on training this past three weeks. Running means day to day, even weekend, i have to learn and learn on three different trainings. One of them made me learn so hard to get a license. Unfortunatelly, i wasn't fit enough, in a class i was chills, then every evening on my way home, i got nausea. But i just have one thing in mind, Learn! whatever it is, let me gain knowledge a lot. No pain no gain. Then what's interesting in these trainings, me become 'anomali, haha..
First, in the Occupational health and safety training, i was the one who's not a nurse. A nurse as a paramedic in the company has to take part in developing healthcare due to every risk in every job/task inside the company. Hehe well, i'm not a nurse in this case so it means i don't need to do that in my company :p. My side is in my company, we could facilitate all of you for testing your health condition in order to enforce Occupational health.
Next, in Electrocardiograph (ECG) Course, i was the one who's not a doctor. I got little depressed because i don't have knowledge to do diagnosis or interpreting cardiogram result. But, a bit lucky, actually almost all participants do the same, they are GP who learn deeper as beginner about ECG, beside effort to reach "SKP". In my 'anomali' condition on this course, i have empathy that being doctor isn't that easy, i know when they were in college isn't easy, then actually regulation made them to do certification every 5 years if they aren't collecting SKP untill 250 SKP. It means every year they have to get 50 SKP. A course like this around 6 SKP, so in a year they have to do course around six courses. Maybe it's good for maintaining knowledge, but i guess for me it's too high to cost :p. Gladly tough the beginning i was nervous, but in the end i have more confident and pass it all as well.
Finally, my last training is training for Radiation Protection Officer (Petugas Proteksi Radiasi in Bahasa, let's call it PPR). So, i was the one who's not a radiographer. PPR is someone who is mandated by laws (in our country "Undang-Undang") and is appointed by radiation approval owner to implement radiation protection. PPR in performing this task, they must have work permit/license from Bapeten (Badan Pengawas Tenaga Nuklir). So, in this training, i have to learn and get license! Actually, i need all the basic of radiation in order to assurance quality of radiodiagnostic as my responsibility in my company by now, not about get license thing. Radiation has advantage and also danger. We have to justify what's benefit of utilization the radiation, then we have to assure that doses are as low as reasonably achievable. Every work has their own risk. In this case, of course radiographer has a risk of getting radiation. One of radiographer said that a friend of him died in leukemia after 7 years work in fluoroscopy (interventional radiography). Salute for all of you radiographer, for being brave and get me inspiring!
Thanks God for all the lesson you gave to me, make me feel that i only know very very a little from your infinite knowledge. Make me want some more, i pray to have many chances again in the future.
Beside that, when we become 'anomali', we have a lot of chances to understand another and being more respectfull to another :)
-life long learner and part of learning by doing-

0 komentar: